Saturday, April 23, 2011

Sinful Colors: Social Ladder

Hey yas!  I'm feeling a lot better today, so yay. :)
I have a lot of pictures of polishes I took and want to be up to date on them, so expect polish spam!  Here's the first one. :)


Social Ladder is sheer pink white base with deep pink and mint green shimmer.  Very pretty, but very sheer.  I'm wearing five (yes, FIVE) coats here and you can still see VNL.  I don't know how I had the patience to apply five coats, which I don't recommend doing.  I just wanted to see if it'd ever become opaque, and the answer is... no.  As you can see it looks thick on my nails.  I'd stick to around 2 coats, maybe three.  This is a nice sheer color I'd use when I'm not in the mood for much color but still want my nails to have a nice healthy glow.  My nails are stained thanks to Sinful Colors Unicorn.  *shakes fist*


If you're wondering where the green shimmer is, click on the picture and magnify it.  You'll be able to see it more clearly. ^^


I'm editing my other pictures right now, so those will be up soon! :)
Liz

3 comments:

  1. I love this color, goes with everything in my closet :)
    how does sinful color polishes compare to essie and china glaze?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @KaitLin Kat: The pluses of Sinful Colors are the cute colors and very low price. The minuses would be that most tend to be either streaky, runny, or sheer. There are few hidden gems though! And the price can't be beat. I do prefer China Glaze, since they have cute colors, good formula, and a reasonable price. Essie polishes also have good formula, so you don't need to spend time adding multiple coats to fix streaky-ness or bald spots. I tend to be impatient, so I don't mind spending a bit more if that means I can finish quicker with smooth shiny nails. In terms of wear, I'm not sure since I change my nails every day. ^^;;

    The downside would be that both are a bit pricier, but for a good reason. Essie can now be found at retail stores for $8. China Glaze you can either buy them for $5-6 or at transdesign.com for $3, which I'd recommend if you haul nail polishes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)