Monday, April 18, 2011

YNOTD = Yesterday's Mani ^^

This is going to be quick!

So I put on two coats of China Glaze Techno Teal from the Tronica Collection.  I figured out how to apply it without having any drag.  I put enough polish on the brush to cover the nail and did one swipe.  For the second coat I went back and covered any spots I missed.  I did this real quick so I didn't cover the whole nail.  Dry time is really fast!  Then because I wanted my nails to be more complex, I dabbed on Zoya Faye with my brush, trying to do a gradient.  This is the result.



It looked a lot better in my head.  It wasn't much of a gradient but more like I dipped my tips in Zoya Faye.  I thought about erasing it, then decided to do one more thing to see if I could save it.  PS- Do you see the tiny bit of holo in Techno Teal on my ring and pinkie?  (Please say yes.)



Using Sinful Colors Black on Black and tape, I did a diagonal peek-a-boo look and added white streaks on my accent nail.  I still wasn't satisfied, but it got rid of the 'I have to erase this now' urge.  While I was taking pics it did grow on me.  I probably should've sponged Zoya Faye on, but I'm still not sure about this color combo.  With the black it did look better.  Oh and on the places where I did a better gradient the color changed from Teal to Indigo to Violet. 


Okay, now I'm off to study!

Liz

10 comments:

  1. I really love it, with or without the black! I am a sucker for glitter and purple hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this mani!!
    the colors look stunning together [: You did such a great job. .. I was never into the China Glaze Tronica Collection but you are making me second think my decision not buy from the collection ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love this! I like it at the beginning stages...with the gradient, but it also looks good with the black added and design. Very cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is stunning! The teal shows through and I think that it and Faye are great friends! The black makes it all stand out more as well- I like the wide stripe you left open!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love what you did there!!!!
    So beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. it looks great!!
    wish I was artistic like you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one of the prettiest things I've seen today :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tags are very confusing, this is the n-th post I've looked at that has "Sinful Colors' tag but nothing about Sinful Colors in it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Rox for pointing that out. Those posts were probably ones I used Sinful Colors polishes for nail art. I'll go back through them to make sure. But in this one I used Sinful Colors Black on Black. It seems I forgot to mention that, so I'll edit that in. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful mani!!!

    http://mybeautyaffections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)