Sunday, July 10, 2011

Essie Skittles

Sort of.  I swatched these yesterday after swatching $OPI Caught With My Khakis Down.  That day was just not a great swatching day.  Originally I started out with Essie Turquoise and Caicos on all my nails, but as you can see there is now only one on the middle nail.


Left to right: 2 coats Essie Splash of Grenadine, 5 coats Turquoise and Caicos, 3 coats Smooth Sailing, 2 coats SoG

Turquoise & Caicos: Yes...5 coats.  Did anyone else have as much trouble with this as I did?  It was kind of streaky, but the formula isn't thick so I don't think it needs thinner.  I think it could've been opaque in 3, but I couldn't get it to be even. :/  After a painstaking 5 coats, I nicked two nails and a piece of dried Smooth Sailing fell off the brush onto my index.  So I gave up and decided to swatch my other Essies.  Turquoise & Caicos is such a lovely color so it's a shame that mine had a sucky formula.  My picture makes it look kind of aqua, but it's a green leaning turquoise with hints of mint.  I grabbed the last one at Ulta, so maybe I got a bad one.

Smooth Sailing: Definitely opaque in 2.  I just did 3 for the pics.  It's a periwinkle blue with mint green and pink shimmer.  It's the same shimmer in Coat Azure, only it's a lot more noticeable in Smooth Sailing.  I don't know if it's cause it has more shimmer or because the color is darker.  Either way, very pretty.

Splash of Grenadine: Opaque in 2 coats and went on like butter and was super shiny.  It's really gorgeous!  Not much else to say. ^^





Hope you're all enjoying the weekend!


Liz

16 comments:

  1. I don't have T&C but I remember reading on RebeccaLikesNails that she found it to be a pain too. Such a shame because it's a beautiful color! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5 coats? I think I would just give up. But then.. it is a gorgeous colour!

    Because I'm a glitter/shimmer junkie, I'm loving Smooth Sailing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's too bad about Turquoise & Caicos... I have it but I haven't used it yet so I'm not sure what's going on with that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 5 coats! That is insane. I hate it when nail polishes take that long to dry. I do love the other colours though! You made smooth sailing look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow 5 coats?? That's crazy but the colors turn out great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow they're all such gorgeous colours! Too bad some of them took so long to paint on to become opaque. At least you did get some beauties out of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your mani is gorgeous!! I love Splash of Grenadine!! I've been thinking of buying it...

    I've just seen on your profile you're half Korean! haha Great! I just did a Korean mani today (I'll post it soon!) cos I'll fly to Seoul next month!lol yay!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha cool, I'll check out your post when it's up. You're so lucky to be going to Seoul! I can't wait till I go there again, especially to do some major hauling at the Nfu Oh Store. Hehe, oh and I'm full Korean. I was just born in the States. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Smooth Sailing too! It's a lovely color and the formula was great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had the exact same problem with T&C so I don't use it anymore. I found that Orly Gumdrop is close enough in color so I use it instead when I crave the bright aqua!! I sooo want Smooth Sailing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for letting me know! I think I'll look into Gumdrop. :D And Smooth Sailing is gorgeous and the formula was great. You should get it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait, too! I've already spotted the Nfu Oh's headquarter! :p I'll go to join my bf who is already there since last week...miss him;; ...
    I'll post my mani just before I leave (beginning of August) as a vacation post lol
    oh!! sorry for the "half" :p

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)