Friday, August 24, 2012

Zoya Designer Skittles: Part 1

If you like skittles, a good place to start for color inspirations are polish collections.  Usually colors within a collection will complement each other very well.  With Zoya's Designer collection, I noticed that the six creme shades can easily be divided into two groups.  Today I have the first group. :)

 Top to bottom:
Rekha, Monica, Toni, Rekha


Rekha, 2 coats: a bright neutral red.  It reminds me of a slightly darker Rimmel Stiletto Red.  I found the formula a bit watery for my taste, but otherwise it applied flawlessly.

Monica, 2 coats: a cool-toned plum.  Not much else to say except that it applied well.

Toni, 2 coats: a cool purple with a hint of berry.  The berry in it is accentuated more in the sunlight, but it's not a straight up berry.  The formula was great on this one as well.


Verdict: All of these were opaque in two coats and applied flawlessly.  It's everything you would want in a creme: smooth and shiny.  Naturally, Rekha and Toni were more flattering on my warm skin tone, but Monica does not look bad on me either.  I love how they look together like this.  It's trendy and classic at the same time.

Availability: Zoya.com at $8 each.

What do you think?  Are you a fan of the skittles trend?


Liz
*The polishes reviewed in this post were sent to me for my honest review.

6 comments:

  1. I love a skittle mani, and i love Zoya. So this is a double WIN from me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Skittles manis, but when the colors are from the same color range.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, Ruxi. I don't mind some variation, but I don't like to wear rainbow skittles, etc. ^^

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)