Tuesday, February 12, 2013

OPI Euro Centrale Collection Review (Part 1)



Today I'm reviewing the warm half of the new OPI Euro Centrale collection for Spring/Summer 2013!


My Vampire Is Buff, 3 coats: pale, almost white nude creme.  I really love this color.  I think my picture makes it look more white, but it's a warm toned cream color.  It's very flattering on me and looks very clean and flawless.  I found the formula a tad streaky on the first coat.  I recommend applying this in thin coats and letting the first coat dry before applying the next coat.  If you do this, you'll be good to go in two coats.  Otherwise, I found that my tips were hard to cover with this polish since the brush kept digging into it.  It also dries really smooth and shiny- hence the flawless look.


Hands Off My Kielbasa!, 2 coats: bronzy tan shimmer-creme.  The shimmer is very fine and runs throughout the entire polish.  It's bronze-orange in color and adds warmth to the tan base.  Overall, it's a fairly warm polish.  I personally like it, but I can see some people not liking this color.  Both application and pigmentation were great.


Suzi's Hungary Again!, 3 coats: hot pink creme with very subtle shimmer.  This is a straight forward hot pink!  It's passable at two coats, but it is a little streaky.  Not very noticeably, but if you look closely it is.  Maybe I'm just picky.  So I used 3 coats for pictures and that gave me full, even coverage.


My Paprika Is Hotter Than Yours!, 2 coats: bright orange-red creme.  I see a little shimmer in the bottle, but it's a pure creme on the nail.  I love orange polishes like this!  It's weird, because orange is usually not a color I think of as a favorite polish color at all.  I think the more pigmented oranges appeal to me because they're closer to red or coral.  Application was great- it had the perfect amount of flow.  And this color is so pigmented that it really could be a one-coater.


A Woman's Prague-Ative, 2 coats: shimmery orange with gold metallic flecks.  This color initially reminded me of Sprung from the Mariah Carey collection, especially because the base is actually a rose-ish color.  But after the second coat, it became more orange with the combination of the shimmer.  You can still see some red tones around the edges though.  When compared to Sprung, this is definitely an orange.  Sprung is more like a red.  Application and pigmentation were both stellar.


Oy-Another Polish Joke!, 3 coats: small yellow shimmer flecks in a clear base.  This polish is gorgeous in my opinion.  I didn't expect much from it, but I really like it.  In the bottle, it reminded me of a lighter more yellow, less gold version of OPI Goldeneye (James Bond).  On the nail, the yellow flecks really pop out.  It is a bit sheer, but 3 coats seemed fine.  I don't know how to describe it, but it's a very wearable yellow in my opinion.  I guess you could call it a gold too.


Bonus nail art featuring My Vampire Is Buff and Suzi's Hungary Again!  Kind of like a nude-neon spin.  Nothing too crazy.  Looking at it now, it looks so simple that I feel I shouldn't upload it.  Haha.

Verdict: Overall, there wasn't a polish in this set that I didn't like.  There was minimal streakiness in two of the shades, but nothing another coat couldn't handle.  Application wise, all of the polishes had great flow.  My personal favorites were: A Woman's Prague-Ative, Oy-Another Polish Joke!, My Vampire Is Buff, and My Paprika Is Hotter Than Yours!

Availability: Euro Centrale by OPI is now available at Professional Salons, including Beauty Brands, Beauty First, Chatters, Dillard’s, JCPenney, Pure Beauty, Regis, Trade Secret, and ULTA, for $9.00 ($10.95 CAN) suggested retail for each Nail Lacquer.


Are you excited for spring polishes?  Will you be picking any of these up?


Liz
Products shown in this post were sent to me for my honest opinion.
Please view my disclosure policy for more info.

1 comment:

  1. I've got My Vampire is Buff on order, can't wait for it to come! Also waiting to see if someone is getting a bottle of Fairy Ring for me, i think theres some awesome nail art happening with those two! Much love, MASPOOASE x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)