Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Deborah Lippmann Mermaid's Dream

Hey all!  Today I have the polish that started it all.  By "it" I mean the new summer 2013 collection from Deborah Lippmann: Mermaids.  I actually got this a year ago and have worn it several times since then.  I just never got around to photographing it until now.  This is one of my favorite DL's, so I hope you like it! :)


Mermaid's Dream, 3 coats: sheer blue-green frost with small blue glitter and yellow micro glitter.  Although it's a frost, the base doesn't bother me since there aren't any visible brush strokes.  Instead it gives the polish a glow both indoors and outdoors.  I also noticed the base tends to lean more blue at extreme angles, but generally it's this minty, blue-green color.


Application-wise, Mermaid's Dream is excellent.  The formula is on the thin side, so it's very easy to apply.  The glitters stay where you put them and apply evenly as well.  While the first coat is a little sheer, Mermaid's Dream built up to a nice opaque finish in 3 coats.



Verdict: Love! Well, I'm a fan of any blue polish, so I am biased. ;) However, if you're wary about the slightly gritty looking base, I might steer clear.  I personally thought it looked all right, and with one coat of Seche Vite this polish was smooth.  I don't own any of the new Mermaids, but I'm definitely tempted by Mermaid's Kiss (pink).

Availability:  Deborah Lippmann polishes are available at lippmanncollection.com for $17-20 each.  The Mermaids polishes retail for $19 each.  You can also find them at Beauty.com and in stores at the following retail shops: Nordstrom, Barneys New York, Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdale’s, and Ulta.


Do you own any of the Mermaids?  Which one is your favorite?


Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)